- Because we are the most prestigious institution in Hungary training technical translators and interpreters. Since our founding more than 1,300 translators and interpreters have graduated from our institute – making up a significant part of the professionals working on the Hungarian market and for the institutions of the European Union.
- Because we are the one and only institution in Hungary that was awarded the right in 2000 to issue EMCI (European Masters in Conference Interpreting) certificates.
- Because we were admitted to the European Master’s in Translation (EMT) network in 2011. We are currently the sole Hungarian EMT member.
- Because we operate as an internationally renowned research institute, having in 2003 launched our ‘PhD in Translation Studies’ programme within the framework of the ELTE BTK Doctorate School of Linguistics. In addition, we have published numerous textbooks.
- Because we have formed strong international connections with both Hungarian and international professional organisations, 18 partner universities, the translation and interpretation services of the EU institutions (European Parliament, European Commission, European Central Bank).
- Because we offer a wide array of courses, including technical translation, terminology, court interpreting and conference interpreting.
- Because our courses are practice-oriented. Our lecturers – without exception – are practising translator, interpreters, proofreaders and terminologists.
- Because translation and interpreting to foreign languages is taught by native speakers.
- Because our infrastructure is unique.
- Because our courses are always tailored to the existing market requirements.